Monday, October 3, 2011

August/September Faves!~

Products:
Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask: This mask is seriously awesome! I only use it twice a week and it really cleans my pores. I also use it to spot treat any potential blemishes and it reduces it the next day. I kinda use it like how you would use toothpaste to reduce the pimple. I sleep with it on till the next day and the bump is smaller. it's amazing! definitely something that could give your face a pick-me-up and it's only 3.99 at walgreens! great product.
Soap & Glory The Righteous Butter Body Butter: OMG! This body butter smells AMAZING! I can't stop sniffing it cuz it's that GOOD! Also, this body butter is thick and moisturizing without leaving a greasy residue! It really absorbs into your skin quickly, making your skin so soft. I'm seriously in loooove with this body butter. I don't think i'm going to buy an other body butter or lotions for my body except this. It's only $5 at sephora too! can't beat that. This is going to be a repurchase for me for a long time. :D
It's a 10 leave-in product: This hair product really does about 7 out of 10 but overall i think it's pretty good for just one product. It definitely detangled my hair as well as add shine and made my hair soft. I don't mind the smell in the hair. I can't describe it but it's not bad. lol I mainly love it cuz it left my hair soft after i blow dry my hair and shiny but it didn't control my frizz though, but it's okay not many products can do that with my hair. overall, did enjoy it for the month.
MAC "Woodwinked" eyeshadow: I love this color for fall! I pair it with a reddish brown in the crease and it's a perfect fall look. I put this color all over the lid and it adds such a nice golden shine. I'm just loving it. lol gorgeous color and great pigmentation as most MAC eyeshadows are. :D
Urban Decay Primer Potion in eden: I really like this primer alott more than the original because my eyelids tend to get really oily during the day so this is suppose to prevent that because it's a more matte formula. It works great for that! Also it keeps my colors on all day and I also use it to conceal my undereye circles! The color matches my skin enough to do that so i double it as my under eye concealer. love itt that i could use two different uses for it! definitely going to be a repurchase over and over. :)
Maybelline dream matte powder: Been wanting to try this for a long time and so far I think it's a good powder. When i apply it, it doesn't make my face look cakey which is great! It gives me a little more finished look with extra coverage. It controls my oils somewhat but not that great for that. it's just a nice finished powder. I enjoy this product too.
Nars Lipgloss in Ophelia: This product a little splurge for me. :D i'm actually in LOVE with this lipgloss. It's not super sticky but it's sticky enough to last a long time and the shine of it is amazing over any lipstick. I just love this lipgloss. Worth the $24 mhm.
NARS Blush in Dolce Vita: Another splurge item from nars! haha I'm loving NARS! I love this blush of course! It's sooo freaking pigmented! you only need a tap of this and put on your cheeks! if too much you will definitely look like a clown. haha But I love this color because it's like a dark rusty rose color and it's just perfect for fall.
NYX Mega Shine lipgloss in Beige: It's not a beige color thats for sure! lol It's a light pink with no shimmers! It's like a milky pink gloss and i love the smell of these lipglosses! it smells like fruit punch or something. lol Also the texture is creamy and smooth on the lips. The color pay off is amazing! super pigmented. For the month of august I always wore this gloss over a coral lipstick and it gives the nicest color combo. :D
Maybelline "The Flared" Falsies: I like this mascara because it does give me length without clumping my lashes like crazy! This mascara definitely only give you length not volume. So if you're looking for volume this one is not for you. I always get it in waterproof so it really holds my curl all day. so i like that. plus it's the packaging that really suckered me into this. haha dammit :P
MAC Blush in Pinch O' Peach: I loved this blush for the month of August! It gives the cutest pink glow to your cheeks but it's a matte blush. It's more of a sheer blush so you don't have to worry about over applying it on your face. That's what i like about it cuz I don't have to really think about it when putting it on. The color comes out but if you want a more intense color it's buildable.
MAC lipstick in Up the Amp: I started using this lipstick in september and It was a nice purplish color when paired with a warm lipgloss like strange potion lipglass from mac. It definitely toned the purple down and it was so pretty. Almost like a nice berry color. mac lipsticks are of course pigmented, so dabbing this lipstick on your lips will make this lipstick more wearable. :D
Revlon Matte Lipstick in Smoked Peach: This is the lipstick I used to pair with the NYX lipgloss in biege. It's such a nice coral color! And the texture is awesome~ I got this lipstick because a beauty guru on youtube wore it with a pink lipgloss on top and it looked gorgeous on her, so i wanted to try it out & I loved it too! The revlon matte lipsticks are drying a bit because it's a matte lipstick but it's not bad at all. You can wear it alone with no lipgloss and it still looks nice on the lips.

Hope you enjoyed the post! ^___^

2 comments:

  1. I started using It's a 10 last month, and it's pretty good, but not good enough to spend $17 on a small bottle.

    I should do a belated favorites... haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree with you. I probably won't repurchase it. lol. YOU SHOULD!! I've been dying to see yours :D

    ReplyDelete